SJ Hong / 홍승진
Managing Partner, Attorney at Law
- Sungkyungkwan University Law School (JD), Seoul, Korea
- Stanford University,Mechanical Engineering (MS), California, U.S.A.
- Stanford University, Psychology (MA), California, U.S.A.
- Seoul National University,Mechanical Engineering (BS), Seoul, Korea
- DUSON LAW, Managing Partner (2017-Present)
- CAN (Community Alliance Network) Project, Chief Lawyer (2018-Present)
- weBloc Project, Advisor (2018-Present)
- The Korean Bar Association, the 2nd Division of the Blockchain Committee, Head of Division (2018-Present)
- BlockBusters (a crypto startup accelerating program run by TheVentures), Advisor (2018-Present)
- TheVentures (a startup accelerator), Auditor (2018-Present)
- Popjoy Games (a mobile game developer), Auditor (2016-Present)
- Cho & Partners, Associate Attorney (2012-2017)
- Stanford University, Dept. of Psychology, Research Assistant, Stanford, Calif., U.S.A. (2006-2008)
- Korean Bar Association (2012)
- Korea Patent Attorneys Association (2012)
- Certified Expert Lawyer - Intellectual Property Laws (Korean Bar Association, 2016)
Of-Counsel, U.S. Attorney
- University of Oregon School of Law (JD), Eugene, Oregon, U.S.A.
- University of Washington, Political Science (BS), Seattle, Washington, U.S.A
- Cho & Partners, Associate Attorney, Seoul, Korea
- Kim & Chang, Law Clerk, Seoul, Korea
- Washington State Bar
- Member of Association of European Trade Mark Owners (MARQUES)
- Member of International Trademark Association (INTA)
Our areas of practice include intellectual property laws (including trademark prosecution and disputes), startups, crypto projects, etc.
- Trademark Application, Trademark Search, Office Actions
- Trademark Oppositions, Cancellation Actions, Invalidation Actions
- Intellectual Property Disputes (Patents, Trademarks, Designs, Copyrights, Unfair Competition, Domain Names, etc.)
- Litigation: Patents, Trademark, Design, Copyrights, Unfair Competition
- Criminal investigation by the police/prosecutors' Office
- Startup cofounder agreements
- Startup investments
- General startup corporate matters
- Setting up branch offices in Korea
- Incorporation and related documentation
- Investment in Korea companies
- Corporate documentation / corporate registration matters
- Criminal Cases (filing criminal complaints, police/prosecutors' office interviews, etc.)
- Civil Disputes (litigation, etc.)
- Review of potential issues regarding cryptocurrencies trading, designing token economy and ICO whitepapers
- Cryptocurrencies, blockchain, and ICO related issues
5th Floor, 142 Teheran-ro, Gangnam-gu
Seoul 06236, South Korea
We are located at the heart of the Gangnam Business District in Seoul, near the Yeoksam Station.
Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.